Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Update on Larry

It's been 11 months since I updated the blog. Mostly, because I wasn't ready to notify everyone that Larry would not be returning to work (there are several Lockheed employees who read the blog), and partly because I wasn't ready to admit that to myself yet.

Larry has improved since October 2009, but not enough to be able to work. His biggest handicaps are his short term memory loss and his inability to process information. He does a very good job communicating and most people wouldn't know there was anything wrong. He does occasionally use the wrong word or just can't think of the word he wants. But, all-in-all, he gets by. He is not able to do very much around the house as he cannot remember where things are or how to accomplish a task. He spends his time reading, playing Scrabble online with his mom and working on the computer. He has a very difficult time when a lot of information is given to him at one time. It overwhelms him. When you speak to him, please be sure to speak slower than usual and don't give too much information at one time.

I am currently in the process of trying to get another job. I am currently working 1 day a week and have had some temporary work in addition to that. I am putting out my resume at this time.

Thank you for all your prayers and concerns. I apologize that it has taken me so long to write this.

No comments: